Service at St. Elizabeth School
St. Elizabeth School believes strongly in service to the community. Students and Faculty participate in numerous service projects throughout the year including:
- CRS Rice Bowl - Students and parishioners take up collections during Lent with 25% of all donations to CRS Rice Bowl stay in the local diocese, supporting hunger and poverty alleviation efforts
- Pre-Kindergarten collects 100 canned food to for the STE's food pantry to celebrate 100 days of school and writes "thank you" cards to frontline "Heroes" at KU Med
- Kindergarten hosts food drives and makes May Day baskets for neighbors
- Third Grade Students - Stock the STE food pantry each month and make fleece blankets to donate to the Ronald McDonald House
- 6th Grade supports the STE recycling program
- 7th Grade Students - Visit Our Lady of Hope School and work with 1st and 2nd grade students on projects that highlight aspect of their Catholic faith and they walk throughout the Waldo neighborhood visiting shut-ins with flower bouquets and conversation
- 8th Grade Students - Service Projects that promote research, advocacy and acts of service for local and national organizations and projects (Class of 2020 chose their "passion" service organizations of over 22 projects and collected over $11,000 in donations of funds and products)
- Buddy programs - Older students have buddies in the younger classrooms who they take to Mass during the week and help on projects in the classroom.
- Sacristans and Servers for School Mass
The St. Elizabeth Irish have a long history of giving back to their communities and helping those less fortunate.